I’m reading yet another weight loss/nutrition book, and I won’t bore you with the details, but here’s a little something to think about.
Obesity specialist Dr. Gus Prosch says there are seven truths about obesity:
- If you’re obese, you have a lifetime disease.
- Your metabolic processes will always tend to be abnormal.
- You cannot eat what others eat and stay thin.
- Anyone can lose weight and stay slim provided the causes of weight gain are determined, addressed, and corrected.
- Understanding insulin metabolism is the key to losing weight intelligently.
- There is absolutely no physiological requirement for sugar or processed foods in your diet.
- You must address the contributing factors causing obesity (Rubin, 22).
And there it is.
Rubin, Jordan. Perfect Weight. Strang: Lake Mary, FL 2008.